Thursday, April 25, 2013

Say "Hi!" to Ollie!


So I bought a new (to me) Some Odd Girl stamp. I had been eyeing the Ollies for a while, and then my seven-year-old gave me the perfect excuse. She saw me watching one of Kristy's coloring videos and it blew her mind that Kristy is the one that draws all the SOG stamps (I've let her color others before, and she's seen the cards I've made for other people). She is quite the budding little artist. So I showed her the online store. She liked a bunch of them, but when she saw Ollie Glee she said, "Aww, he's so CUTE! He costs three dollars? I have three dollars!" She wanted to spend all the money she had been saving on him. Isn't that adorable?

Her birthday was a week later and I just couldn't imagine making her card with anyone else. So, I bought him and printed up some extras that I slipped inside her birthday card for her to color. She was very excited. Rewardingly so. Later she mentioned that she didn't think I had ever made her a card with a SOG stamp on it. Which is true. (Truth be told, we bought her card last year.) I didn't realize it would mean so much to her! I'm kinda excited to have someone who appreciates my papercrafting so much. I guess I have a new little SOGgy on my hands!



This is for Some Odd Girl's April Sketch Challenge.

Images: Some Odd Girl, Create with TLC
Papers and ribbon: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango (small strip of orange paper is some random brand)
Die: Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents Framelits
Embossing Folder: Lifestyle Crafts

4 comments:

  1. How sweet is he!! Such cute colors! Thanks for joining the SOG challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This couldn't be sweeter, I totes adore it!! So happy you joined Some Odd Girl sketch challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Amy this is so darling and I love that we have added to the SOGgy ranks! :D Ollie is my absolute favorite primate around and you did such a great job. So glad that you played along with us at SOG for April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embossing and simple but oh-so-beautiful creation are so pleasing to the eye! Glad you got to buy some goodies! And thanks for joining us at SOG this month!

    ReplyDelete